Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday

good morning!
yesterday was wonderful.
the meeting/overview/familiarization process/whatever it was at work was great.
my little desk is cute, and the views from that place are incredible.

I think it’s going to be a good situation.. I already have the feeling that I’m going to enjoy the people that I will be working with, and that’s 95% of the battle, isn’t it?

after I got “home”, I realized I could make it to my uncle’s art class at the college if he’d allow it, so we called him up and I went over to sit in on his oil painting class. They’d been working on their still life’s for about 6 days, and I was trying to catch up…


unfortunately I won’t be able to finish it. I’d never really correctly used oils before, so I did learn a lot. I’m glad I was able to go.

afterwards we came back and had dinner, and then I forced myself out of the house to go dancing. It’s scary going alone! It’s just the initial walking in part that is so hard, I guess… not knowing what you’re walking into. I also got lost a bit on the way, but found it eventually. Once I know my way around I think it will only be about a 15 minute drive.. such a new experience for me!

But, it was so fun. I’m so so glad that I have some dance experience under my belt, because I could just walk in and meet so many people and it was something I was so familiar with. A little piece of home :) And great dancing! I’m already looking forward to Sunday.. one of the older gentlemen (Katie, he reminds me a lot of Michael.. ha.. he sings to the songs the same way he does and has big eyes and is the same build) anyway, he drew me a map so I’d know how to get to TopCats. They were all very friendly and welcoming and it was a lot of fun. I’m so glad I went.

I’m supposed to have lunch with Casey today, but I still haven’t heard from him about the particulars.. I guess it’s early yet, only 10:30. Who knows. After that, Katie and I are going shopping at Fashion Island.. I’ll probably just be going “looking” :) maaaaybe I can treat myself to a fun new ring, or something similar.. maybe.

So, with that my busy weekend is about to begin and I will take pictures and have lots of fun things for you Sunday afternoon, I hope!

I still haven’t gone down to the beach yet.. I meant to the other day and instead I went to the art class. Soon enough.

have a wonderful weekend!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment