Monday, July 18, 2011

Supper, Soccer & Sushi

Well, my first legitimate game? Do my brother's games count? When he was 5? I didn't think so..

Real Madrid played against USA last Saturday night, and my cousins amazingly had two extra tickets and invited us to join them. We had SO MUCH FUN. They stayed in this chic hotel.. I should have taken more pictures, really. We met them there and then went to find an early dinner.. and ended up at Joan's.









After dinner, we meandered a bit around town, hit up the Rack, and then had a bit of time to kill before heading to the stadium.

And then we hit traffic.




And we worried our pretty little heads. And we made some tricky traffic maneuvers. And we found an AMAZING PARKING SPOT on the street, avoided paying for parking, and made it to our seats before the game began.


It was a good game.. 5 goals scored between the two teams. Madrid won :) and the boy was very pleased. I was possibly more entertained by a very drunk man about 30 or so rows below us who found it necessary to sing the hokey pokey at the top of his lungs during the last 30 minutes of the game. But, regardless, I'm happy to report that we all had a really good time..








But the night didn't end there. Afterwards? They took us to get sushi. And not just any sushi. Pretty much the most amazing sushi I've ever had. The kind of sushi that melts in your mouth while exploding with unique flavor combinations at the same time. Ridiculous sushi. I don't know if I'm ever going to be satisfied with any other sushi, kind of sushi.



Mmmm I'm reliving the experience right now.

THANK YOU to my cousins.. without you, this night would not have been possible. We love you and we loved sharing the entire night with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment