Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Grandmother's Jewelry

While I was up in SF, I briefly looked through my Grandmother's jewelry with my mom to see if there was anything in there that I wanted to keep as a reminder of her.

Most of her rings and necklaces were a little loud for my taste (can you believe it?) but, I did stumble across two items that I was able to bring home with me.

First up is this ring. It's black hills gold (which I came to find out is only real black hills gold if it is made in the actual Black Hills of South Dakota). It's both a reminder of her and of my grandfather. He's the one from South Dakota after all..



Also, in the bottom of one of her drawers, I found this charm bracelet. It's just a small silver chain, with a heart on it. On one side of the heart it says her name "JO ANN" and on the other side, a date "5-5-62".




The greatest part about this bracelet? No one knows why that date is significant.. It's like a little mystery. Maybe it has no meaning whatsoever. But, I sort of love having a secret of hers to carry around with me...





*Also, I apologize for the quality of these photos. I don't want to talk about it.



 

1 comment: