Sunday, February 7, 2010

superbowl sunday

oh hey! :) how’s it going.

yesterday… was. stressful. not going to lie. I spent the majority of my morning trying to fix my car, and then almost all of the afternoon/evening trying to remedy all the mistakes I’d make whilst “fixing my car” that morning.

I made quite a few. I don’t even really feel up to rehashing through it all.. suffice it to say, it was a learning experience, and I haven’t driven it yet. I’m afraid to, quite frankly. But this afternoon, I’m going to try to take a little test run over to Huntington Beach to go to a Superbowl gathering at Tim & Joy’s… pray for my little car. please.

I hate cars. I hate fixing cars. I hate car problems I hate having to deal with it. I don’t enjoy it at all. no no no.

but last night, Casey & Lauren came to visit! We had a wonderful time. When they got here, we went out for dinner and caught up. It was so SO good to see them. A little piece of home :)


Casey & Lauren at Newport Beach Brewing Co.


This morning, we slept in and walked down to the beach and along the beach until we ended up at Alta Coffee. Casey joined us and we had breakfast & sat out on the patio. It was such a nice, leisurely morning. A great start after my ridiculous day yesterday. They’ve gone now, and I miss them already. Come back soon!

p.s. Casey has a new WEBSITE up and running and it’s wonderful, so go say hello and enjoy his music. and I can’t link to Casey without gushing about Lauren, so leave her some love too :)

Last Monday, I was walking upstairs and saw this:

Uncle Keith in his studio, working on a painting for a Haiti Relief Auction.


It’s so fun to watch him. He’s a teacher, it’s what he does. So he talked me through everything he was doing and why he was doing it. Where he was gathering his inspiration from and how he was composing his layout.. I just watched him work. :)

Friday night, I went out to Tapas in Newport for a 60th bday party with Tim & Joy. This is the only photo I took that really turned out at all:

They danced to live music during our dinner. So fun. Afterwards, we had a salsa lesson and open dancing for an hour or so. I hadn’t done latin in a long time.. and I remember why. The songs are sooo long and it’s a real workout. I’ll take wcs over salsa/chacha anyday. But it was still fun to mix it up.

So, with that, I’m off to finish up some things around the house before I venture out to HB with my silly unreliable car that freaks me out. I’m already getting a little tense just thinking about it, but I’m going to be brave. You can’t fix something until you know what’s wrong with it, right? It will be fine. It will be fine.. It will all be fine.

just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment