Wednesday, February 24, 2010

BABY SHAMPOO SAVES LIVES

It’s true.
I learned this the hard way…

My lovely aunt made a delicious meal last night: new mexican chili pork chops something or other with grilled onions. YUM, right?
After we’d finished eating and were just sitting around the table, I made the mistake of rubbing my already sensitive eyes and in doing so, introduced them to the chili powder I’d been handling. My eyes started watering a little uncontrollably, okay A LOT UNCONTROLLABLY, and my uncle says “I HAVE THE SOLUTION!” and returns with Johnson & Johnson’s Baby Shampoo.

“what?”
“it’s optometrist recommended!”
“okay. okay. what do I have to do?!”

So I washed my eyelids with the baby shampoo and voila, practically good as new.
My only regret is not having my camera handy because my mascara was everywhere and I looked like I’d been crying over something horrendous. sigh. It’s a shame that image is lost forever.

So. Lesson of the day? Baby shampoo is safe for your eyes.. well, safe enough. Still, keep your eyes shut while washing, use a HOT washcloth, and rinse really well.

…….But, generally, it’s not the smartest idea to put your fingers in your eyeballs if you’ve been eating something covered in chili powder.. just saying :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment