Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Car Saga Continues

sort of.
actually.. it’s ending.
fingers crossed.
we took it to the shop last night, and today they worked on it..

what was wrong, you ask?
oh, please, I’d love to share.
well.
a. the water pump had a crack in it, and it was leaking.
b. the thermostat was shot.
c. the radiator needed to be flushed (again.. still had two kinds of coolant in it)
d. there was some sort of electrical connection something issue which was causing the gear shifter to lock up in park
e. the lovely CLUNKING noise that started off small and unobtrusive had grown to a really annoying squeaky clunkclunkclunk. Like my car was groaning whenever I turned.. apparently, that noise was caused by the “tire hub” (is that a thing? I don’t know) the gist of it.. I think.. is that, my tire “area” was loose and the whole thing could have fallen off. yea. wouldn’t that have been fun?


so.. they fixed it all.
at least that’s what John told me. He said he took it for a test-drive around and the clunk was gone and it didn’t overheat, and I’m guessing he was able to get it into DRIVE to do that ;)
tomorrow I’ll go and pick it up and pay them $858 and some change…

sigh. LOTS OF MONEY but, I get it… they did a lot to it.

and if that means I don’t have to fear for my life-safety every time I get into my car, it’s worth it.  if that means I can have some sense of freedom again, it’s worth it. if it means I don’t have to do any major work to my car for the next few years (PLEASE), then it’s worth it.

please oh please be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment