Tuesday, June 28, 2011

study date


I've been trying to write. Attempting to write. Struggling to write.. Mostly I've been putting it off, and I'm running out of time. My cousin Melissa introduced me to a company that buys how-to articles and I signed up with them to try it for a month. It sounds easy enough right: 20 articles (minimum) a month? Turns out it's harder than it sounds.

I need to write about 15 articles over the next three days in order to meet my deadline. I haven't exactly kept on course. So, this past weekend, we decided to have a "study date" at a coffee shop so I could write and he could work/play/whatever as long as I forced myself to focus.

I blame the internet. And the sun. And naps. Too many distractions.

It's not my personality.. or my study habits.. or my ability to thrive under pressure.. or my wont to procrastinate.. it's something external, for sure ;) right?

I did get some work done (two articles!). Creating a time and a space really helped me. (and giving myself a deadline! I took my laptop but not the charger. Feeling the pressure of my computer slowly dying was a big motivator).

Anyway, I have to figure out a system. Our study date was a good start :)


2 comments:

  1. I can't get Steven to go on a study date with me. :/

    Did you get your articles done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plan is to do them tonight and tomorrow night.. it's like cramming for finals all over again. We'll see how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete