Thursday, June 23, 2011

along the PCH

The other night, I drove up the PCH to spend some quality time with my cousins, a little "kick off the summer celebration" that included Whale Wars, board games for the competitive ones, pizza, salad, and brownies a la mode with latte's for dessert. Again tonight? Okay. See you in a few hours..

Can I just say, I love driving along the PCH. This time of year especially, as soon as you roll the windows down you can smell all of the bonfires and barbeques.... mmmmm. I love this place.


pictured: my rear view mirror accoutrement, including two headbands, 3 mardi gras necklaces from a parade in Venice, a gifted prayer box necklace from a co-worker that I got about 6 years ago (it still has my 19 year old self's prayer for her life rolled up inside), ridiculous F21 sunglasses, and a clothespin that the boyfriend threw at me from his car into mine one day.



Meet Tank. The little wonder dog. He's just cute right? And heroic. And bigger than his tiny body gives him credit for? 


Whale Wars. I hadn't seen any of the new season, so we watched the first three episodes last night, and now I'm up to date. I was on the edge of my seat for half of the time.. it's just amazing what those people are willing to sacrifice and go through to try to stop the Japanese Whaling Fleet.. But, how amazing would it be to see one of those massive icebergs up close? Really amazing if you could put the whole Titanic incident out of your mind..

No comments:

Post a Comment