Saturday, April 2, 2011

Who Am I?


"I love to write. I want to be a great speaker some day. I have no illusions of having my picture on Time Magazine as speaker of the year, but I want to say things that will give encouragement to those that need encouraging. I want to give hope to those that need hope.

I want to leave others with a smile on their face and make them laugh – either at me or with me.

I want to share my love of family with those that have no family. I want to open minds to ideas and let others see how important friends are, how much I depend on my relationship with my God and how wonderful our world really is if we will just look for the Rainbow instead of the clouds."


That is an excerpt from one of my grandmother's speeches, called "Who Am I?

My dad read this portion of the speech at her funeral today, and my uncle posted the speech in it's entirety on the blog we set up to house poems, memories, stories and speeches about my grandmother or by her.

She was amazing, right?

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment