Saturday, May 30, 2009

slight snag

Slight snag.


Turns out I may not be able to utilize the prayer chapel as an art studio. Or rather, the verdict is still out. We're waiting to hear from the funder of the aforementioned building to see if he is okay with the projected use of it.

But, I may not be getting that space after all.

Which, at first, was a big blow. But, then I realized that the opportunity that small little room presented to me is what made me finally understand that creating art isn't just something I enjoy doing, but something I really want to pursue. So, art studio or not, place to work or not, I'm going to make it happen and I'm going to try because now that I know it's what I WANT, I don't see how I could do anything else.

I put in my two weeks notice at work this past week. Letting go of consistent income was a difficult decision to make.. it's going to mean I'm moving home and letting go of all the extras for a while.. but it means I have TIME to work on my own projects.. I just have to remember that is why I'm doing this and that it will be worth it.

Also, I went under contract on an interior design project out on the coast. My first "big world" project out of school... exciting and completely nerve-wracking at the same time. I spent 5 hours with the couple on Thursday discussing their vision and gathering all the information I needed to get the ball rolling.. it's going to be a challenge, but I'm amped.

Good things are afloat. Change is in the air.

And the sun is out :)
It's a good day.

1 comment:

  1. you're leaving?! we MUST get together before you go to HR. when are you free?

    ReplyDelete