Tuesday, May 19, 2009

paintings for the church

I was asked to do a couple of paintings for the lobby of our new church up in Hood River.
This past weekend, I decided that was going to be my main focus and I tried to knock them out in three days.

The photos below demonstrate the process, and the changes, they underwent before I deemed them "finished"

let's begin!











(sorry for the "lighting change" I had my camera on the wrong setting, and I'd moved indoors to work the next day)







finished & hung below:

"Grace Flows Down"



and set #2















I decided it was too.... graffiti-esque, and not appropriate for our church lobby.. so I made the executive decision to scrap it and prime over everything . . . . . . .




but the letters still poked through.. the primer didn't stick where I'd mixed in metallic paint with the other water-based pigments.


so I left it.


and I love it.
"The Fruit of the Spirit"

1 comment: