Wednesday, May 20, 2009

the prayer chapel



I have a studio!

Or I WILL have a studio.



When we began our church building project about a year ago, the first "building" that was constructed was this tiny prayer chapel.


It was constructed as a place for people to go and pray over the property, pray over the building process, and pray for every one who was a part of the construction as well as those who will use the facility in years to come.

Now, the building is constructed and this little chapel stands at the corner of the lot.. somewhat ostracized.



When I was home painting last weekend, I expressed my deep, long-standing desire for a studio in front of my Dad.

Dad: "well, you can probably have the prayer chapel. I think we're trying to find a way to get rid of it."
Me: "really? because I want it"
Dad: "really"

so... I think I'm going to convert it into a studio for ME
and I'm really excited about it.


the orange carpet has to go though.... :)

4 comments:

  1. But the orange carpet is OSU-spirited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for a studio! but wait, does that mean you're moving the chapel down here or are you moving up to hood river? or neither? i'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chapel will stay in Hood River, and I'm not moving home anytime soon.

    My hope is to cut my hours down to four days a week at the cafe and be able to go home on the weekends to utilize the space.. so, yea, I'm going to try to do both.

    I'm not ready to leave here, not willing to move home yet, but at the same time I'm not about to give up the opportunity to use that space either.

    :)

    ReplyDelete